Welcome to Kara-kata Afrobeat Society
As a registered non-profit, it’s our passion to serve,educate, and bring people together in the community
Kara-Kata Afrobeat Society of Canada is a multicultural/multiethnic group comprising African,Caucasian and asian musicians and artistic dancers/ performers. Our purpose is to create a vibrant and sustainable musical and dance culture informed by the Afrobeat tradition. To cater to all and diverse audiancea that reflect the multiculltural mosaic of Canada, irrespective of race/ethnicity,grnder,sexuality/sexual orientation, religion,class or ability/disability to provide programming and experience for the Canadian and African Canadian communities to bring adults and young people back to love appreciation, and reverence for nature and farming. also to educate the African Canadian community.
- We arrange, promote, and organize all manner of culture exchanges, be it music dance ,and interdisciplinary culture show, festivals ,expos ,exhibitions,etc
- We organize academic conferences, workshops, symposia,business conferences and tech-ins,etc.
- We promote and orgenize special African and Canadian national culture festivals, workshops,conferences,tech-ins,
Agriculture 50 Acres Project
The 50 Acres Plus Projects is a Karakata Afrobeat Society inivative which is basically about giving back to the society via agriculture.
We recently acquire a 50 acre of fertile land in iropora,Ekitistate, through part of the land were donated by the traditional rulers of the community.
We plan to run different projects on the land as follows which is all focused on giving back:
Knowledge Transfer: we will share practical knowledge on farming in the 21th century with qualified present and asspiring farmers that will be selected from a pool of entries that will be announced later, we will explain to them what can be done to boost their produce using the modern day and internationally recognized organic way of farming amd also healthy livestock.
Mentorship and Grant: the 50 acre will be shared amongst them and they will be mentored over a period of time.
- To educate the farmers and the entire Nigerian populace on the unlimited benefits of Mechanized Organic Farming.
- Empower the youth for self sufficiency both in food and diary productions and employment.
- Job Creations both for the prospective farmers and other workers on the farm.
- Environmental Awareness, as we will also be educating them on how to keep their environment safe and habitable.
- Outreach & Support for the old folks and children and also the disabled.
- The benefits are immense, but most importantly we believe it will empower the youths.