50 acres plus
50 ACRES PLUS PROJECT
A passion of our organization is food and farming. Food is a way to connect with people and to learn about different cultures. At our events, we love to share Nigerian cuisine. It is of utmost importance that all people have access to clean, healthy and nutritious food. A major part of this is how our food is farmed. Our 50 Acre Plus Project not only educates and provides farming opportunities, it also creates economic opportunities for the community in Nigeria.
The 50 Acres Plus Project is a Kara-Kata Afrobeat Society Initiative which is about giving back to the society via agriculture. We recently purchased 50 acres of fertile land in Igbara-Odo Ekiti, Ekiti State in Nigeria. Various crops are already growing on some of these lands, including a 5 acre bamboo and palm oil farm.
PROJECT GOALS AND FOCUS
- To educate farmers and the general Nigerian population on the benefits of mechanized organic farming.
- As this project develops, we will be importing crops from our Nigerian farms to Canada to assist in fostering a relationship between the two countries as well as economic opportunities for all.
- Empower youth and general population to be self-sufficient both in food and dairy farming.
- Job creation/economic opportunity both for the prospective farmers, other workers on the farm and the community at large.
- Solar panel placement is a major part of this project. We plan to install solar panels in the farm and community. Nigeria has warm weather all year round and constant sun. Entire communities who do not normally have regular power, can utilize this incredible tool which will enrich their lives in infinite ways.
- Environmental Awareness, as we will also be educating the community on how to keep their environment safe, clean and habitable.
- Implementation of recycling centres.
- Creation of a community farm market which will benefit the community by having a clean food source, as well as economic opportunity.
- The benefits of this project are immense, but most importantly we believe it will empower the youth.